“Work smarter, not harder”
- Free financial education from Investopedia
- Money Under 30 – a blog for modern money sense
- Cosmopolitan’s Money & Career for women
- Refinery 29’s Work & Money for women
- General Assembly is one of the most powerfully impactful companies for career and life-changing courses (you can get a $5k certificate that will get you on the track to a $100k career in tech instead of a degree, I kid you not), workshops, and events. They have free events that are incredible ways to listen in on big money, big idea, big personality, and big creativity talks. This alone can really change your wealth mindset game.
- Check with your local public library on whether they have a program to offer free online classes, courses, and certifications with Lynda.com; save a monthly $30 fee. This is a powerful resource which will get you covered in an incredibly broad range of career fields and business knowledge. Information Systems, Leadership, Project Management, SEO, Digital Marketing, Small Business Accounting, Communications, Mentoring, and so much more.
- NPR’s Planet Money
- KEDM Public Radio’s Wisdom on Wealth (via NPR)
- Oprah’s Super Soul Conversation with Lynn Twist on the Soul of Money (on Spotify)
- Organizational Psychologist Adam Grant’s WorkLife podcast on living your life while being large and in charge of your career (on Spotify)
- Betterment (this link will refer you and unlock an offer to have $5,000 of your investment balance managed free for a year after you sign up and make your first deposit)*
- Acorns (this link will give you $5 to get started and play with)*
- I am giving this product a shoutout not just because Sean works with this company but because I started using the Acorns app years before we met. Acorns is an app for stealth investing. While you are buying a latte or your groceries, the Acorns app sneaks the change rounded to the nearest dollar into an investment account that can be customized on a scale of aggression of the investor’s choosing, from meek to mighty to… all in! This is a fantastic app for people who want to invest without even thinking about it.
- You can utilize the wonderful resource that is your local public library. In addition to checking out physical copies, you can check to see if they have Overdrive where you can find audio and digital books or some other digital lending service. These books listed are wonderful resources to add to your personal library too! You can purchase through these Amazon links (affiliate) or from your favorite neighborhood bookstore.
- The Soul of Money: Transforming Your Relationship with Money and Life by Lynn Twist
- The Law of Divine Compensation: On Work, Money, and Miracles by Marianne Williamson
- You Are a Badass at Making Money: Master the Mindset of Wealth by Jen Sincero
- Ultimate Success featuring: Think and Grow Rich, As a Man Thinketh, and The Power of Your Subconscious Mind: The Mental Magic to Creating Wealth by James Allen, Joseph Murphy, and Napoleon Hill
- The 4-Hour Workweek: Escape 9-5, Live Anywhere, and Join the New Rich by Tim Ferris
- The Sudden Wealth Solution: 12 Principles to Transform Sudden Wealth Into Lasting Wealth by Robert Pagliarini (did you know that a windfall has the same psychological effect on your brain and nervous system as a plane crash?)
Financial Advisors Who Do Not Earn Commission
- Operation Hope (for Low and Moderate-Income Youth and Adults)
- Saundra Davis, a financial fitness coach with heart
Economic Empowerment for Survivors of Violence
*All affiliate links are chosen for select resources I feel good sharing with others